Monday, April 1, 2013

Trying to be tekkie

As a teacher, I never really took to computers. At school the youngsters showed me what to do so it's only in retirement that I have become the proverbial Silver Surfer.I do some on- line shopping, email friends, download photographs and that's about it.
However, the prospect of Morocco as a once- in- a- life-time adventure, got me thinking about how to keep in touch with everyone whilst away.
The result is a Mifi dongle to create a mobile hotspot, 3G sim cards for the dongle, which we will buy and use in  each country that we go through ( our first stop in Morocco is Asilah and we have already been able to locate the Maroc Telecom shop which sells them thanks to Google Earth) and between us we have all the necessary " black goods " should we need to summon assistance or merely to keep in touch with family and friends.There is also a satellite dish on the roof but that's for watching TV not to keep us on NASA's radar!
This pic just shows the little corner at home from where I keep pestering you with these pre trip tasters and also to let you see that today I dusted and polished my trusty old desk. A definite sign that staying indoors in this cold weather is sending me stir crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment